Successful products require good decisions. Reliable information about what users are trying to achieve, their context and whether they can and will use your product is essential to making good product decisions.
User researchers run robust and repeatable studies to find that information, but they need some tools and support to get started.
Building User Research Teams is a practical guide on how to build a research team of any size, starting from convincing colleagues why they need a user research team, through the development and implementation of the tools and processes needed, to running high quality studies and mapping the future development of a growing research team.
Learn how to:
- Advocate for user research inside your organisation
- Budget for and equip a research team
- Create the templates and tools needed to run research
- Run studies that are impactful and accurate
- Optimise your research team’s workflow
- Grow a research team long-term
This book is useful for:
- Companies looking to hire their first researcher
- New research leaders establishing a team
- Independent researchers in companies looking to maximise their impact
- Designers, product managers and UX professionals wanting to incorporate research best practice into their work