All the templates needed to run user research studies, from kick-off to debrief. Including:
– The Research Project Tracker
– A Research Study Checklist
– Kick Off Meeting Template
– Study Plan and Discussion Guide Template
– Consent Form
– Visitor Information
– Observer Information
– Note Taking Template
– User Research Report Template
I spoke at the Games User Research Summer Camp about how using mind maps can speed up user research, including:
– Taking notes during user research sessions
– Analysing research data to find the issues within it
– Debriefing findings to designers, developers and game makers.
Here’s how to do it.
In my recent article for Smashing Magazine, I wrote about how the right research method changes throughout the design and development process, and how user researchers need to be confident with a wide range of methods.
On the City Interaction Lab podcast, we discussed many of the challenges for a new user research team, including:
– Where user research teams sit in an organisation
– The challenges for new user research teams
– The steps needed to start a new user research team
– How do you grow a team over time
– The release of the book ‘Building User Research Teams’
Product managers make big and small decisions every day which impacts the final experience for users.
User research studies give valuable information that product teams can use to inform and evaluate the work they are doing and do a better job.