I am a User Researcher, based in London and with experience in websites, video games and virtual reality.
I currently lead the user research team at Parliament, and was previously responsible for leading the research for many of Sony Interactive Entertainment’s key European projects, which including planning the overall research strategy of my projects, designing and running studies using a wide range of methodologies and reporting to stakeholders of all levels.
I am also responsible for many initiatives to embed user research as a key part throughout the lifecycle of digital projects, including UX advocacy, running research open days and workshops, and run a user research mentoring scheme.
I have presented at UXBrighton and CHIPlay, and my work has featured at GDC and at the Develop conference. I have given guest lectures at the University of Sussex and the University of Ontario Institute of Technology. I am also a STEMNET ambassador.
I am a member of the Games User Research Special Interest Group (GUR-SIG) Steering Committee, and was co-chair of the 2015 & 2016 #GamesUR Conference in London.
I write a blog on usability and user experience, with an emphasis on gaming.
- Designing studies for user research.
- Moderation of 1 to 1 and group user research sessions.
- Survey design and implementation.
- Interview, lab and focus group observation.
- Ethnographic research.
- Analysis and reporting to clients.
- Presenting and workshop moderation with clients.
- Expert usability and accessibility evaluation.
- Creation and delivery of User Research training workshops.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Usability reviews of paper prototypes.
- Ergonomic and usability testing of hardware.
- Creation and communication of bespoke user centered design processes
I was a Lead User Researcher for the PlayStation VR headset, and many of PlayStation’s titles including:
- BigFest (PS Vita)
- InviZimals: The Alliance (PS Vita)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4)
- Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
- No Man’s Sky (PS4)
- PlayStation Vita Pets (PS Vita)
- PlayStation VR Worlds (PlayStation VR)
- RESOGUN (PlayStation 4)
- RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (PlayStation VR)
- Rush of Blood (PlayStation VR)
- SingStar: Ultimate Party (PlayStation 4)
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions (PlayStation 3)
- Wonderbook: Walking With Dinosaurs (PlayStation 3)
Other released titles I performed User Research for include:
- DriveClub (PlayStation 4)
- Infamous: Second Son (PlayStation 4)
- LittleBigPlanet Vita (PS Vita)
- LittleBigPlanet Karting (PlayStation 3)
- Music Unlimited (PlayStation 4)
- Playroom (PlayStation 4)
- Puppeteer (PlayStation 3)
- Ratchet and Clank (PlayStation 4)
- Ratchet and Clank: QForce (PlayStation 3)
- RiME (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PlayStation 3)
- Smart As (PS Vita)
- Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)
- Tearaway (PS Vita)
- Tearaway Unfolded (PlayStation 4)
- The Unfinished Swan (PlayStation 3)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (PlayStation 3)
- Wonderbook: Diggs NightCrawler (PlayStation 3)